Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 28


Things went against my plans again today, and I’m stuck on campus again.  I went to our 8am stand up meeting and got with my staff group for the day.  They all started asking me if I was ok, and I repeatedly told them that I was fine and ready to go on the zoo field trip today, but against my will they all took a vote and decided that I should stay back and get some more sleep.  So here I am lying in bed in my dorm, another girl is sick also, so Sarah and I are going to do absolutely nothing today but sleep, watch movies, and read.

All week I have really missed home and been ready to go back, especially now that I’m sick.  Today has been a little different; I’m really going to miss the “family” that I have been accepted into here.  There is always someone around who understands exactly what you are going through.  Sure it’s hard to share 1 shower, 1 sink, and 1 toilet with 10 other girls, but I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment